...teach and act as normal as possible when there is a big knot in your stomach from what one of the parents said to you before school? And then how do you pray for your student when he has no idea what is going on with his parents?
And how in the world will I ever be able to teach in public school where the frequency of tough family situations may be greater? And how are you supposed to not "take it to heart?" They are my students, and I am determined to be their biggest cheerleader.
How do you let what is, be, even though you may think that a different situation would be better for the student? And how do you not worry about them? Every single one of them.
How do you "go home" and "turn off" work? You don't. Teaching may not be rolling in the dough, but it definitely is teaching me how fortunate I am and how hard some sweet, innocent kids have it. That's the moral of this new-teacher-and-so-very-naive-and-worried story.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am sorry you are worried about your students. And I am sorry that they have tough situations. It truly is hard to keep going when your heart is hurting. I love how much you care for your students and I know how much they are benefitting from having a teacher who cares for them so fully. Keep doing what you're doing!
ReplyDelete