{via here}
I think this is the first time in my little blog's history that I have posted twice in one day. I'm not a huge fan of two posts in one day because I read on a famous blog many moons again you should post "often but not too often." Whatever. I'm making up my own rules as I go along...
And writing on this little blog is cathartic for me. I could use some catharsis right now....
Because I am not a mind reader.
If I was, I would not be a teacher. I would be a mind reader. I could make a lot more money doing that I suppose.
I am very frustrated. I'm new at this whole part-time team-teaching thing and still learning the expectations and million different traditions at the school. I wish I knew them, but I don't. I'm new. And right now? I'm new and frustrated and struggling.
I made a mistake. Mrs. Hoot asked me to do something. I forgot to write it down on my to-do list. And then I forgot to do it. I feel awful. I have been apologizing to her and beating myself up for the past two hours about it. I'm learning. I wish I could do it all "right," but I'm human. I'm not sure what to do because I feel like I am slacking. There are things that I should have known to do but didn't do.
At the same time, another job opportunity has re-presented itself to me. And the people who are offering it are telling me & retelling me that I have to consider it/take it because they think I am a great teacher. I secretly wish my principal and Mrs. Hoot knew this {but of course for selfish reasons} because I feel like a failure currently with them. With this new job offer, I would feel like a rock star. I always consider opportunities like this more when I had a bad day/meeting/interaction and think that taking the "easy" way out would be nice. {I promise I won't if anyone is still reading}.
I'm very irrational and impulsive like that. I wish that I didn't have to worry about how disappointed the parents are going to be when Mrs. Hoot leaves. I wish I didn't have to struggle with working with some people--{not Mrs. Hoot} and finding a balance between what I'm in charge of and what she is in charge of. I wish that I didn't make mistakes. But I do. We all do. And I just would like to acknowledge that I'm trying my best. Promise. That's the moral of this two-post-in-one-day story.

Miss katie...you are much too hard on yourself! You are a FABULOUS teacher! I told you I'd trust my kids with you someday (not any time soon!!). Everyone makes mistakes. SO WHAT! I make them all the time. Just like you said, all that matters is that you try your best and like my dad always told me "work hard and good things will happen." You do work hard. That's enough!
ReplyDelete