This got me thinking...
I had an awful last week. {Yes, even though it was short} I overheard two young boys talking. The conversation went something like this:
Boy#1: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Boy #2: a cop
Boy #1: Well, when we're grown-up and if I do something bad, and you pull me over if I gave you a lot of money would you let me go?
Boy #2: No
Boy #1: No, But I would give you A LOT of money. A million dollars. Wouldn't you just let me go with a warning?
Boy#2: No.
Boy #1: Why not?
Boy #2: Because I don't want to lose my job. And that's not right.
How do we learn what is right and what is wrong? How do we learn and develop our moral and value systems? Clearly, this boy's (#1) does not align with mine. Actually, I've been around a few people whose morals and values are so clearly contrary to mine I wonder, why am I putting myself in this position? I must have "pinned" a million {ok, maybe about a dozen} different quotes on pinterest {my obsession} about how we choose who and what we want to associate ourselves with.
So maybe my mom friend is on to something...maybe it really is about finding a guy who shares the same morals and values as me so that I would never have to hear anything like this come out of my future children's mouths. And maybe, just maybe this should be the
No comments:
Post a Comment