Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mr. First Class

My dad will let me know (no matter where in the world he is) when he has been upgraded to first class on a flight. He knows it makes me jealous, but I still love him for it. I also love him for the fact that I can constructively criticize the most perfectly cooked piece of salmon and he will smile and take it ("maybe more brown sugar"). ( And I'm pretty sure secretly appreciate the advice for future dinners). I love him because he is smart, dresses nicely, and is classy ( just like me! ) and is willing to put up with me thinking the world revolves around me. 

My dad has his own language and says things like "itchy-knee-San-chi-go" and will sing, "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha" in a very particular way. He is funny and very honest and oh-so-proud of us. 

He drives me crazy with his stubbornness. (The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree...) he also has approximately 30 nicknames for my brother, sisters, and me. (One of mine is "Queen Bee")

And he is my dad. Lucky me. I seemed to hit the parent lottery when I was born because I got the perfect dad for me. 

So today I celebrate him (and should everyday) because despite how much I might joke about his "no autographs please" badge he wears at work, he is an actual superstar and just the best dad ever.

Happy Father's Day to him; I am one lucky daughter!  That's the moral of this little Father's Day story. 

2 comments:

  1. AWWW! How sweet! I hope you showed this amazing post to your dad!! Happy Fathers Day!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a sweet post, hope your dad had a wonderful father's day. My dad and I don't have the best relationship (mostly my fault), so this warms my heart.


    But... isn't itchy, knee, san, chi, go the pronunciation of 1,2,3,4,5 in Japanese? Because that's definitely what I was taught in grade school and if that's a lie... then your dad's language has made its way to Indiana ;)

    ReplyDelete